Thursday, September 8, 2011

[HBBC] Self-Love


So this is my first The Half-Baked Bloggers Consortium (HBBC) post! :)
Meet the HBBC members [here] :D

“You can’t give what you lack”…I’ve heard/read this statement numerous times and it got me contemplating the idea of self-love every single time.  Love is there to be given, not to be received. So when you love yourself, it’s actually more of you loving others around you..loving the universe that you are living in and caring about the simplest objects surrounding you. Does it make sense to you? Well, it does..to me at least! ;p

Another thought on self-love. (I promise I wouldn’t bore you with it). We don’t really expect people to like us, or at least, to respect us, if we don’t like ourselves in the first place. And it’s not enough to accept yourself the way you are. If you like yourself, you’ll be keen to work on the areas of improvements and to keep improving your good qualities.

Let’s love, befriend and talk to ourselves. You think that’s mad? "Well, I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are"* ;)

* From Alice in Wonderland

8 comments:

Noor said...

You ended it so well. The Alice quote is perfect. :D

Looking forward to reading more of your philosophy through the HBBC posts :D

Salima Al Masrouri said...

Thanks Noor. Means A LOT to me.

P.S. I'm impressed by your blog. Keep writing ;)

Ruqaiya said...

I love the quote at the end of your post.It's true , all the best people are in fact mad.Frankly, if you don't love yourself, then nobody ever will. You are a reflection of how you treat yourself, and that determines how people treat you. So it's important that that reflection is full of love and respect for oneself :)

Nema said...

I love the beginning and the end!!! :D The beginning reminded me of you retweeting the saying I wrote on twitter "فاقد الشيء لا يعطيه"

I love how simple this is =)

Anonymous said...

Love the end and the quote is really nice

Ze2red said...

I can proudly admit that i'm mad :D

Sandschild said...

Love it, it's just great...

Salima Al Masrouri said...

@Rux: totally! Thanks a lot xx

@Obervationofasoul: thank you!

@Za2red: Whoho! Join the club ;p

@Sandchile: Thanks! Means a lot :D