Thursday, March 3, 2011

[Memories] Sharjah Trip | Part II

16/Oct/2010 | 7:00 PM | Sharjah’s Ladies Club

Event: The Orientation Program

We arrived Sharjah , checked in the hotel and now I’m at Sharjah’s ladies club waiting for the orientation program to start. I just met a lady from Palestine; Gaza to be specific! Yes Gaza! She spent a week on the way to Sharjah, I can write an entire post on the reasons, however, let me just say that she spent that week in Egypt for the time being :)


I met other girls from Sweden, Azerbaijan, USA, Norway, Ethiopia, Singapore, Mauritius, Uganda, Albania, Syria, Iraq, Jordan, Comoros, Mauritania, Saud Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, Lebanon and the list goes on and on…!

 
The Orientation Seminar & The Opening Ceremony


The orientation seminar took place on the same night we arrived at. It was held in the Sharjah ladies club. I met girls from Sweden, Azerbaijan, USA, Norway, Ethiopia, Singapore, Mauritius, Uganda, Albania, Syria, Iraq, Jordan, Comoros, Mauritania, Saud Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and Lebanon (long list, ‘eh?)


We spent few minutes just walking around the hall, getting to know one another and where we came from.


The official deal started right after that. We had to give small presentations about ourselves and our countries. And then, an introduction on the forum was given by the head of the organizing committee.


The opening ceremony was held on the following day. The forum was opened by H.H. Shaikhah Jwahir Al Qasemi wherein she delivered a powerful speech in which she stressed on the face that as long as the human being is surviving, his demands to develop and fit into his society will always be there. She added that no development can be achieved without a man understanding his true role in life, even if it was within a limited space and with limited resources.


A documentary film titled “Memory of the forum” followed the speech. It was merely some footage from the previous 6 forums, and the various topics they covered. Afterward, the forum’s guest, Prinicess Sara Bint AbdulMohsin presented a moving paper titled “Experiences in my journey to self-discovery”, which was pretty much inspiring. I keep on reading the points I noted during her presentation, it gives me hope!


Finally a play was performed by 21 kids from Sharjah about a metaphoric story on a human’s struggle to find the happiness he’s aspiring for. I loved the idea so very much and I believe that was the one and only time I actually attended a real play!


No comments: