Sunday, July 11, 2010

[Movie Review] Children of Heaven

بچه های آسمان - Children of Heaven
Iran - 71st Academy Awards - Best Foreign Movie Nominee [1999]

~ In a poor neighborhood in Tehran, a little boy called Ali left the shoes of his sister Zahra near a store, but when he returned they are gone. Ali and Zahra thus decide not to tell anything to their parents since they are a very poor family and thus conceive and plan: she will wear his shoes during school in the morning and he will have them during school in the afternoon.


~ This movie is so purely humane, and it's something that stands out so much that it almost becomes relevant for it's quality. It felt like am there watching the heroes, tearing out when they cry, smiling at their innocence. I so much admired every single bit of the movie.
~ My rating: 9/10. I would have given it a 10 but I didn't like the ending much, and am not going to share how was the ending like so that I don't spoil the movie for you dear reader.

I still can't get over it; simply a must watch!

~ The official trailer:



Till next time :D

No comments: