Friday, April 16, 2010

Faith in Wonderland

I had a very lovely dream yesterday night - I think am still under the effect of Alice in Wonderland movie recently produced by Diseny. So, I was wearing a black dress and following a rabbit, and ended up in a forest full of electric blue butterflies, they covered my dress [I still can't get over the dress]

1. This is the cover of the original book:


2. Alice is widely assumed to be based on the daughter of a family friend of the author, Lewis Carrol. This is the real Alice:

3. Lewis Carroll was suffering from constant migraine attacks [reminds you of someone? :p]. A syndrome called "Alice in wonderland syndrome" was names after him. This syndrome causes certain hallucinations associated to migraine. He had used his own migraine experiences as a source of inspiration for his two books Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (1865) and its sequel, Through the Looking Glass (1871).

This is Caroll:


4. One of the funniest parts of the story is The Mad Tea Party. I have been using the term "unbirthday" as a joke...I think we really need to celebrate every UNBIRTHDAY in our life :p. From Wikipedia

An unbirthday (originally written un-birthday) is an event that can be celebrated on any day that is not the person's birthday. It is a neologism coined by Lewis Carroll, giving rise to "The Unbirthday Song" in the 1951.

The Unbirthday Song:


A very merry unbirthday
To me
To who?
To me
Oh, you

Let's all congratulate us with another cup of tea
A very merry unbirthday to me

Now blow the candle out, my dear
And make your wish come true
A very merry unbirthday to youuuu!!





Last but not least, a very merry Unbirthday to you dear me and dear readers.
Till next time!

No comments: