Monday, August 4, 2008

In Hamburg

Dear Me,
Mercy! Isn't Hamburg big? Muscat is nothing to it. Are you now staying in a similar confusion? I don't believe that I shall recover for months from the puzzling effect of two days of it. I can't begin to tell you all amazing things I've seen; I suppose you already know, though, since you been to Europe yourself many times "I'm not sure though if they're really many times".
The streets are entertaining and the people and the shops! It makes you devote your life to wearing clothes.
I can't imagine any joy in life greater than walking for distances raising your head high without having first to consider how weird you would look by walking alone at any time in the day or in the night.
Today I've met the kindest person in the world, a 26 young Turkish girl. She's studying at the university I visited today. She's married to a muslim German guy and they make a cute couple.
That's another joy of life that really makes me love the world I'm living in, meeting such good people. I don't know how to describe my new friends, Maryam; angel? Decent? Innocent? Real muslim?
Maryam was getting quite interested in me, because I say such funny things that she's not familiar to hear in English – Turkish is her first language then comes German- though I tried not to, but they do pop out when I'm surprised and I'm surprised most of the time for anything and everything.
I forgot to tell you that I kept on thinking about you the whole day. Hope you are having fun too. I know you deserve to have fun.
PS. Around 300 words! I'm going to stop.
Yours always,
Me

No comments: